Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Smart Boards in the Classroom (Blog 1 of 4)

First, please take a look at this video.




I found this video very interesting because smart boards are becoming more and more relevant in todays educational setting. In one of my class rooms in Schindler we have a smart board and the teacher struggles greatly with using it correctly. I love the idea of having smart boards in classrooms. As suggested in the video smart boards really get kids to interact and be excited to participate in the class room. I like the idea of being able to constantly have a visual in front of my students. The idea of smart boards is also incorporated into my thematic unit. In this video you see the teacher showing the students the continents and having them come up to the board and label them. In my thematic unit I stated that I would use the smart board in order to show the students the location of the oceans. I would also practice labeling them in a similar manner. The way the educational system is heading I would hope to see smart boards in every class room very soon. It will also benefit students who are visual learners or hands on learner because they will always have something to interact with in the learning process.


Think about this:  All students can learn with SMART boards!

"A SMARTBoard helps students with autism, for example, improve communication skills through group collaboration."

"For students with physical disabilities, the SMARTBoard’s touch-sensitive surface gives all students the opportunity to participate in learning."

The quotes listed above are from someone else's blog. Follow the link below to learn more.  


http://www.brighthub.com/education/special/articles/55013.aspx



No comments:

Post a Comment